Today is supposed to be the most depressing day of the year, aptly termed Blue Monday. Apparently, today will be worse than the regular Monday blue's, because today you are likely to have broken your last new year's resolution, Christmas will seem like it was a life time ago and more than likely a huge post Christmas credit bill is burning a whole on your doormat.
- Paint your nails a bright and cheerful colour. We're taking a tongue in cheek delve into the Classic collection from OPI. With names like No room for the Blues, Blue my mind and Yoga-ta get this blue, even if you don't paint your nails, you will certainly smile!
- Eat blueberries and acai berries - they improve your mood and are packed with anti oxidants, plus they're delicious!
- Try a new eyeshadow - MAC's new collection Love Lace has a silver tinged blue that's complimentary to all skintones
- Wear your hair in a different style
- Dance around your room to your fave song for 30 minutes to release some feel good endorphins and give you extra energy
- Eat chocolate - crunch on some blue Smarties!
- Enjoy some alone time in a candle lit bubble bath
- Compliment someone! Their smile will make you smile and in turn lift your mood