Today is supposed to be the most depressing day of the year, aptly termed Blue Monday. Apparently, today will be worse than the regular Monday blue's, because today you are likely to have broken your last new year's resolution, Christmas will seem like it was a life time ago and more than likely a huge post Christmas credit bill is burning a whole on your doormat.
But here at Bella Queen, we've decided to turn things around and make it a day that little things make us happy. We're determined to beat the blue's and we've put together a little of list of pick me up's, some lined with a happy shade of blue.
- Paint your nails a bright and cheerful colour. We're taking a tongue in cheek delve into the Classic collection from OPI. With names like No room for the Blues, Blue my mind and Yoga-ta get this blue, even if you don't paint your nails, you will certainly smile!
- Eat blueberries and acai berries - they improve your mood and are packed with anti oxidants, plus they're delicious!
- Try a new eyeshadow - MAC's new collection Love Lace has a silver tinged blue that's complimentary to all skintones
- Wear your hair in a different style
- Dance around your room to your fave song for 30 minutes to release some feel good endorphins and give you extra energy
- Eat chocolate - crunch on some blue Smarties!
- Enjoy some alone time in a candle lit bubble bath
- Compliment someone! Their smile will make you smile and in turn lift your mood
Failing any of the above, get some friends together and hit a cocktail bar and order every blue drink on their menu! First order....you guessed it...Blue Lagoon!
Have a happy and beautiful Monday x